Sunday was the finale of HBO’s “Big Little Lies,” staring Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Shailene Woodley, Laura Dern, and several other great folks. They play parents of young (and some grown) children in Monterey, and cattiness between several of them is alive and well. At the center of this “from the beginning” tale is who was murdered at a school fundraiser as the show opened it’s curtain to the public.
I thought I would give this show a try, and quickly found myself hooked. And, despite the fact that the miniseries was based on a novel, I feel like there are several unanswered questions to create answers for. I’m hoping you, my readers, can help me with your own thoughts on the following:
- Does Ed ever find out? If so, does he leave Madeline?
- Do Ed and Nathan ever hug it out and become friends?
- Do Madeline and the theater director’s wife get into a cat fight?
- Does Celeste stay in Monterey? Or will she eventually need to wipe the horrid memories of that town from her and the twin’s consciousness? Does she consider the twin’s feelings about moving away from their ½ brother?
On the Lighter Side …
- Was there actually any TRIVIA at Trivia Night? Or was it more of the talent show we saw? (for some reason, I REALLY need to know the answer to this … I love Trivia)
- Will the twins ever pull a “switcheroo” with the ladies as teenagers, resulting in disaster for the other one’s girlfriend?
- Which kid currently has the hippo for the night?!
- Does Jane remain immune to California’s affordability crisis?
- Does little D.J. grow up to be an awesome musician or a top music executive? (if there are any left in 20 years)
- Does Ed regrow his oversized beard?
I’ll look forward to your thoughts!